The Splach-Transformer is an all-terrain, adult electric scooter powered by a 960W patented motor, with a top speed of 38 km/h (24 mph). It looks like a mini-motorbike but is ridden like a scooter by standing or squatting down.
|Exceeded Goal by||34.9 times|
|Status||In production now|
Parts of Splach Electric Scooter
- Weight: 23kg (50.6 lbs)
- Capacity: 100kg (220 lbs)
- Size: 1099 x 598 x 1021mm (LxWxH) with long stem.
- Patented Motor: 350W/960W (nominal/peak)
- Max Speed: 38 km/h (24 mph)
- Max Range: 40km (25 miles)
- IPX4 Rating for protection against water splashes in any direction.
- Spare battery swap in 7 seconds.
- Can be charged on, or off the scooter.
- Charging time: 6 hours.
- Uphill capability: 28% slope
- Full suspension system:
- Front: Hydraulic
- Rear: Spring
- Brakes: Dual wave disk brakes prevent overheating.
- Material: Aluminum alloy truss structure
- Tires: 10″ x 2.5″ pneumatic fat tires (patented)
- Color options
- Neon yellow, navy blue, pearl white, iron grey
- Plastic material: ABS
- mix and match 5-piece plastic casing/fenders
Why is it called “Transformer”?
|The design of the SPLACH Transformer derives from the shapechanging robots in the comic world where they can transform into vehicles or machinery at will. The versatile and playful features completely fit the goal we peruse to be embodied on our E-Scooter that can be practical and recreation-oriented for users. The most distinctive part lies in its changeable casings that can be freely mixed and match to make the look colorful and unique. From the stem, riding positions, tires to the casings, these are the parts that can be changed to add various tastes and styles to your ride.|
The term “Transformer” is just an idea of a look and design concept, meaning that the bike has various configuration options which can be “transformed” by the rider. However, unlike the “Transformer” robots that we know, some of the above “transformations” cannot happen on the move but must be configured before riding.
- The 5-piece casing/fenders can be mixed and matched to different colors to create a personalized look.
- Two options of stem comprising a long and a shorter version can be swapped.
- It comes with 4 riding speed modes: Eco, Middle, High, and Sport
- This “all-terrain” scooter can be re-configured depending on the purpose of the ride. For example, the 10″ patented Pneumatic tires are interchangeable between road tires and off-road tires.
- Riders can stand, sit, or squat (and even jump).
It is noted that the seat on the scooter is only simulated and cannot be sat on.
The concerns about the design are:
- The tires are consumables and are patented, which means they can only be purchased from Splach Bikes. This will be a disadvantage because, in case of a sudden tire burst or damage, it cannot be purchased from any local bike or scooter shop. The solution is to buy a spare tire or keep your fingers crossed!
- Uncertain if environmental tests were conducted to verify the design, e.g. MIL-STD 810. This is especially so, considering it is an all-terrain scooter with a high speed of 38 km/h. Some recommended tests include sand and dust test, jolt, and vibration test. Perhaps jump or drop tests should also be conducted to verify the drop height for safety assessments.
|Score:||8/10, VERY GOOD |
Overall, we grade the design as 8/10 which is very good, however, we would prefer if the above concerns are addressed in future models.
See more: Indiegogo Splach-Transformer